What did we do in class today?
8-18: Today we discussed the art of literary characterization and began dissecting poor Sammy (who will now and forever be Michael Cera).
1. The analysis questions for A & P are due Sunday night on turnitin.com. Please make sure you are in the correct turnitin.com account: Class ID: 15875698 Password: essay
2. If you have not yet submitted your UCPIQ drafts, please upload them to Turnitin.com by Saturday, 7 pm
3. For those who are interested, here is the Mentor Application (turn it in to me by Monday!)
4. Here are my required Brag Sheets for letters of recommendation; remember: I'll write for the first three students!
8-17: Our first Socratic Seminar - excellent job! I thoroughly enjoyed hearing your ideas about the ultimate purpose for reading literature.
1. If you have not yet submitted your UCPIQ drafts, please upload them to Turnitin.com by Saturday, 7 pm
2. Actively read the following short story in preparation for tomorrow's bootcamp: A & P by John Updike
8-15 and 8-16: Introduction to the course and a discussion about beginnings.
Homework: Please actively read the works for our Socratic Seminar - it's Thursday! Just in case you lost your copies, here they are again: A Reader's War, Reading Literature Makes Us Smarter and Nicer, Good Readers and Good Writers, Does Great Literature Make Us Better?
Welcome to your senior year! I'm excited to work with all of you, and hope you are, too!
Here are your handouts:
- The Summer Assignment (just in case your copy was stolen by a group of angry thugs with bad haircuts). Remember: your summer reading assignment is due on turnitin.com by Monday, August 14th, by 11:59 pm.
- The UC Personal Insight Prompts - you'll need to compose a rough draft for EACH of the questions, due on the first day of class. Stumped? Check out this page for helpful tips.
- The AP Resource Packet (basically every handout you'll need for the entire year).
- AP SAT Vocabulary list - print it out now - we'll be using it the very first day!
Here is your turnitin.com information (please submit your essay, MWDSs, and SMMs here - you'll have to print out and bring in the copies of the UC Personal Statements): Class ID: 15875698 Password: essay
If you have any questions, feel free to email me: email@example.com
Have a great (and fun) summer - now go read!
Seriously. Why aren't you reading yet?